Families, please join us for our annual Multicultural Feast on Friday, November 22, from 10:00 a.m. to noon. It is a tradition at iLEAD Schools to gather and celebrate our diversity and family culture. This favorite tradition is a wonderful way for all of our families to share a meal and learn more about other cultures in our school!
- We are asking each family to bring in a dish that represents their heritage, culture, or favorite Thanksgiving tradition.
- We ask that you bring the food in disposable containers if possible.
- Please note the food preparation guidelines below. The suggested amount for each dish is enough to serve 15-20 people.
Food Safety Guidelines:
- Wash your hands before handling food, after using the restroom, and whenever changing tasks. Use gloves when in direct contact with foods.
- Keep foods either below 41°F or at or above 135°F to prevent bacteria reproduction and growth.
- Clean and sanitize utensils and food contact surfaces, such as cutting boards. Do not cut raw meat (poultry, pork, meat, game, fish) on the same cutting boards as fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid handling food when you are sick.
- Cook food thoroughly. (Poultry 165°F, ground meat 155°F, pork and eggs 145°F.)
Create a Multicultural Feast & Celebration Card for Your Food Item:
- Name of the food:___________________________________
- Chosen culture/country: ______________________________
- Your recipe/ingredients (important for learners with allergies)